<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Who says one vote doesn't matter? 

So I was selected as one of three student council reps for my form (perhaps selected is the wrong word to use - we just didn't want to vote and have one person (likely to be me) feeling bad about themselves) It's handy being one of three. The first meeting was yesterday lunch time - a time I usually played tennis so I allowed one of my "colleagues" to go along. He took notes and reported back today during form period today. The student councils funds consist of a voluntary £5 given at the beginning of each acamdemic year by almost all pupils. Granted, there are 1700 students at the college but it still means funds are pretty tight. A fair amount of money went on student planners and now the remaining money is going on... A shelter for the smokers! Yes, that was, a shelter for the smokers (there must only be about 100 in the whole school) What a waste of money. The annoying thing is that in that meeting there was a vote as to whether the shelter whould be built and it was agreed by 40 votes to 39! Had I been there, this ludicrous plan might, right now not be going ahead.
My second rant of today is the fact that I am being literally bombarded on every side by tests from every department that I have any association with! Never mind, I'll just labour on...
...shame its often in vain.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?