<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 11, 2004

C.H Spurgeon 

I know now I'm supposed to tell you how I have been keeping and all that lark but I can't be bothered so instead I'll leave you with some stories relating to Charles Haddon whose sense of humour is something to be jealous of. Most of these sound best spoken but as I don't speak to you I will write them down.

When approached by a man he had once met Spurgeon said... "Good morning Mr Partridge". The man corrected him saying "Padrige, Padrige" to which Spurgeon replied "oh, well I won't make game of you anymore".

Spurgeon affirmed that there were preachers with divine attributes... "invisible during the week and incomprehensable on a Sunday!"

there are more of course but i'll just whet your appetite at the moment :-)
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?