<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Only an Irishman
Defrocked Priest Won’t Pull Another PrankPosted
Cornelius Horan, the defrocked Irish priest who sabotaged Brazilian Marathoner runner Vanderlei de Lima’s chances from getting a gold medal, vowed that he would never do it again.
It was the second time he had interrupted a major sporting event after running on to the track at Silverstone during last year’s British Formula One Grand Prix for which he received a two-month jail sentence.
Horan said he is highlighting the “second coming of Christ” and pledged never to pull off a similar prank against. He said, “I have done it twice now and I do not want to do it again. I promise never to do it again because it could damage my mission and it could land me in jail”.
Horan said he chose the Athens Marathon to deliver his message because he could think of no better world stage.
He added, “it was a terrible tragedy for me personally to have to take down that little man. It hurt me and it almost brought me to tears when I saw it on television later. I pray God will give him something even greater than a gold medal”.
Horan’s family said they were shocked by his actions and wanted to apologise to the Brazilian people.

Courtesy of GamesBids.com
Interesting to note that the Irish olympic thing have offered the Brazillian a complimentary place in the Dublin Marathon....
Why would anyone want to run in that?!?!
The guy is clearly insane and should be grabbed by the scruff of the neck, dragged to the nearest pier and thrown in...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?