<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Hitherto, nevertheless and following on, rounding up and down, left and right, over and under, in and through, above and beyond, and summing up... 

Where to start? Who to thank and who to praise... It's been a mad summer. I think for the benefit of all I will just write all I can remember (which isn't much)
First, Beach Mission. What an experience a time when my hyperness had to be seriously kept in check by yours truly or else I feel I would have been sent home. It mainly involved me getting soaking wet and freezing enabling all around to laugh at me. I did manage to do a lot of shouting nearly wrecking my voice but hey whats life without a bit of pain. The largest member of the team was chosen to be the cat when I was the mouse (in that fantastic parachute game Cat and Mouse). The scar he caused will be there for life now to serve as a reminder of my first ever week on a Beach Mission.
The serious side of Beach Missions is obviously to tell people about Christ and in my opinion that went well. The events we ran had many people attending and listening attentively to the gospel message. Was very challenged over the week to examine myself as a Christian and see in what areas I can improve.
Then there was camp... What a camp it was. i'd forgotten how much i miss all you guys :-( I love you all. Here is where i kind of come out of my shell. The unfortunate thing is that however loud I am it doesn't keep wasps away and I was stung twice by them. Admittedly i ensured those two creatures will never see the light of day again but it still annoyed me. I have now officially declared war on all wasps. So many fond memories and bruises from that week but the highlights were all spiritual. The Bible Studies and morning sermons were fantastic and the campers prayer meetings were such and encouragement so thanks to all who made it like that for me.
I have also been reminded about my first meeting with Joel Stocker. Such a cheeky beggar. Stood on my bad toe and made him (my bad toe that is) bleed. The embarassing thing is the way in which I reacted which was to get that blood and wipe it on his face... I'm sorry man I love you really....
THEN....
I went to Aber with Ralph and jonny Wayman (who has ridiculously long hair).
That was a quality week. Not only was I introduced to the word "gripe" and had many arguments about paedobaptism but I also had my trainers nicked and one sock... What kind of a loser would nick only one sock? I can't believe it... I'm in tears now thinking of it. Had to stand on a bench and make an announcement to all the sensible Christians remaining on the pier. Another highlight was our girls winning the netball tournament and us lads managing to make more enemies than Hitler (they were Welsh however so it doesn't matter - all they have is nice deep singing voices)
The highlight however had to be David Carmichaels sermon. Preached with such passion with so many points to encourage, rebuke, challenge, build up as well as being powerful evangelistically. Especially like the way he rebuked those pathetic liberals who promote the new Christ who doesnt require our full attention and doesn't want us to take up our crosses daily. Liked the way in which he said they "should be grabbed by the scruff of the neck, dragged to the nearest pier and thrown in." Another thing he said was "Why would anyone want to follow a Christ who is portrayed as being so weak, pathetic and effeminate..." Was a quality sermon.
So I'd like to thank my parents.. especially my Mum and Dad for allowing me to have those 3 quality weeks. The only problem is now that I'm in a little bit of debt (bought too much food and too many books) and now ask only one small thing... For the chance to show that money can't make me happy.

Finally, we went away to France as a family. Was very impressed with Paris and enjoyed the south of France. highlight had to be me and my sister capsizing our canoe as we went down the Dordogne river on a day trip... Maybe Sarah wasn't best pleased but I laughed.
A quick rant at the stupid French (those who are French and not stupid you are Ok)
We missed our flight because of the traffic round paris and ended up spending about 17 hours in total travelling home... THAT SUCKS
Anyway I'll finish there before I start getting bored
HOpe all of you are well Big Love to you all...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?