<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Random muse... 

I find striving to become a better Christian requires a huge amount of effort. It's taken a lot of backslidings to realise that human nature does not drift towards holiness. I've learnt that in both my own life and in reading certain parts of the scripture. Apart from grace-filled concerted effort we do not gravitate towards holiness (godliness, prayer, obedience and love to God). We drift to compromise and call it tolerance, drift towards disobedience and think it's freedom, we think superstition is faith. Lack of self control eventually seems like relaxation. We can forget prayer to often and think it's escaping legalism and convince ourselves that as we become more Godless we are being liberated.
As so many people say, God is not to be kept in a cupboard until Sunday morning and occasionally the evening, maybe even a prayer meeting night.
Please do read Jon's last two post's on "Quite Short" which we will start up again soon I promise. As he has said
Let us not be commodious Christians, only in it for what we can get out of it, but let us be thankful that we are saved for God's good pleasure.

So yes, I do find it tough to be consistent but putting effort in does help a lot in everyday life especially in facing the wiles of the devil. My prayer is that the whole church together (I include myself foremost) makes devotion to God of paramount importance and then maybe the church might see genuine reformation and revival.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?