<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 03, 2004

Over a weeks gap... my apologies 

I must apologise for my laziness in posting. I must admit that I thought about it a few times but then ventured onto the Michael Jackson game (probably not the most appropriate game to be playing) so there is the lame and feeble excuse.
Have had an incredibly busy week just past. The strain of looing GCSEs seems to be hitting home (mainly stressing my Dad out). That means revision attempts. I managed to write a timetable... but thats about as far as it went.

The school was steadily progressing through the rounds of the district cup. I have the joys of being a substitute for this team but might as well be the water boy. On tuesday, we travelled to a school 30 mins away to play in the semi final. My school were rubbish but managed to edge the game in extra time.
What peeved me most during that game was the fact our only remaining striker (the other one having been sent off) getting cramp and became useless. I am OK in that position (mainly due to the fact it requires short bursts of speed and little else) and could have been brought on. My friend challenged the manager to bring me on in this guys place. The response? "We only have 5 minutes left I can't risk it". They did not look like they could score if we let them and he thinks me coming on will affect that? Was I going to take on both teams and score an own goal?
That meant I didn't play and got home at 7 o'clock. The final which we won was on thursday. Again I didn't play and this time got home at half past eight.
Apart from those adventures the week was fairly enjoyable.

Yesterday was good. In a new church building in the morning having been ousted from the previous one. This wasn't that great but had a good sermon to make up for it. In the evening we travelled down to Welwyn, where we lived for a while 11 years ago. Met some old faces which was nice although some didn’t recognise me at all but I don’t blame them.
An illustration in the sermon last night struck me. Discussing Pauls words in Colossians 1:28-29 the point was raised that we are not to try half heartedly and let grace fill in the gaps. We must put in all the effort we can in. The effort will be ours but the energy will be all Gods. Quite a comforting thought as well as challenging.

There we go. A few random thoughts not very well linked or anything. But I am posting at a rush and have very little inspiration in me.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?