<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 17, 2004

I'm back with very little vengance 

It has been a refreshing break I feel. You probably think the same. I will endeavour to make some insightful postings in the coming weeks and months but can't promise to be very regular.
I will also try to reinject some life into "Quite Short" which managed to last about 5 days.
As you probably know, I was in the Yorkshire Dales for a week. That was great fun, staying in the village where the TV hit series (based on the book that is based on the life of the author James Herriot) "All Creatures Great and Small". Managed to watch a lot of films and TV whilst I was there but also completed some viciosuly long walks all to my benefit I believe.
The masters (thats one of the biggest golf tournaments for those ignorant enough not to know) was really good. Had a couple of young English hopes which blossomed far too early and faded back terribly (in the case of Justin Rose). Then again, they were the only bright sparks for GB with most failing to make the cut.
It was a great Easter this year. A lot of reminders of how great God is and how sinful I am. in some ways thats not great but it is good to be put in ones rightful place.
I had been persuaded to do an open air work on Easter Saturday. It was great fun, although my back suffered and I came down with a cold. It was amazing how I could hear the message of Easter again and again and yet never tire of hearing it. A lot of people seemed really interested in what was being said although there were the odd few who were indeed odd.
The day also involved "training" basically two sermons and some singing, good food and finally a large amount of Beach Mission jokes which i didn't understand at all. Never mind... i might get the hang of them one day.
Hope to post something more some time soon. But for now, it is a fond farewell (for an hour or two) :-)
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?