<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

The middle of the week was no less than uneventful 

Wednesday, the very word for some reason is based on Mercury. Mercury was quick and eloquent. Bearing this in mind we will discuss my day (rather, you will read the assessment of my day)
The lessons crept slowly along. IT proved once again to be a let down subject. The already slow computers do not allow access to anything worth note. I am not allowed to visit my email inbox nor am I allowed to post messages anywhere. Wednesdays also means badminton club. Normally, this is an activity of enjoyment and pleasure. That is when I am playing well and producing Asian style shots. However, today, I ran and I missed, I ran and I missed etc. All I managed to do was get sweaty and annoyed. What a waste of an hour.
Fortunately, there was football to look forward to. Having been picked more for my dedication than for my skill and effort I was raring to go. The Sixth Form in our school had put out a strong team that would be likely to give us a challenge.
I played a good first half. In fact, I correct myself and say the first half I played averagely average. I did a few skills which got the crowd oohing and ahhing. But that was about it. I then got taken off at half time. We drew 2-2 having been 2-1 up at half time.
The main story relates all the the name Wednesday. I rediscovered my ability to be as fast as Maurice Greene but also the extreme lack of fitness. In that way you could liken me to a Cheetah. Quick, but not with the ability to keep going for more than 15 seconds. So that is the first part of the meaning of Wednesday. The second half is eloquence. To be honest, the only words I heard were swear words. The ref got the biggest amount of chat back and abuse ever seen by myself. The problem being, he wouldnt have got half the amount of abuse had he made good decisions. Mr. Nutt got fed up and called the game to a close half way through. Then he locked us in the changing rooms. So there we go. No eloquence but rediscovered speed. Wednesday personified.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?