<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 09, 2004

A couple of days in the life of a disinterested teenager... 

Did I actually, having posted a diary entry claiming I would go and do my GCSE ICT Coursework? To be honest, I didn't. As the head of Maths says, teenagers are all "Chronic Procrastinators" Maybe she was right. I guess the prospect of sitting making up names and addresses and putting them into a spreadsheet wasn't the most appealing of things.
Instead, I did a number of things. To be more accurate I did two things.
Firstly, I watched some of the BBC Dramatisation of Pride and Prejudice. Obviously, this is based on the book by Jane Austen which came second in the BBC Big Read. Having read the book (which is a great book) I am enjoying watching it come to life on the small screen. We watched the (in)famous "water scene". To be honest, I wasn't that impressed by it and still think Elizabeth Bennet is the best character for reasons which are numerous.
Having watched a little of that and feeling much the cultured gentleman I came back to my room and read a little from a book by Edward Donnelly entitled "Heaven and Hell" This is well worth a read for anyone serious about anything.
Sunday was a great day but it always is. Learnt what it is to be "Salt of the Earth" in the morning and did about "the maintenance of fellowship" in the evening service. Both encouraging and challenging sermons.
So, back to school today it was. Had an "interesting" "personal development lesson. That in itself is laughable. They think that what they have to say is of any benefit to me? :-) I laugh out loud... Anyway, what I was saying was that it was interesting. Some foolish lad was trying to justify the September 11th attacks. That sparked off a debate. We also covered asylum seekers, religion being higher than law and erm greed. Interesting to see that there is no-one who agrees with me on everything. In fact, I would say there is no-one who agrees with me on half the things I say. Never mind, at least they don't ignore what I say and push it aside as "your opinion not mine leave me alone".
Then there was our Christian Union meeting. The teachers were too busy to turn up so the three of us (in a school with no less than 1800 pupils) sat and decided how we could make it a better place to be.
There we go. What an amazing life I lead.... :-)
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?