<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

The class of 99.... 

Having recently dug out an old CD entitled "Now 43". This has a few good songs on, most of them rubbish. The first song on CD2 is by Baz Luhrmann. Apart from having a great name his song has some interesting thoughts. Because my last post was quite long (I mean very long) I will give you a link to the lyrics and highlight some points of slight interest...
He says things like...
"You are not as fat as you imagine." - To be honest Idon't imagine myself as fat but to be nice to all you girls out there, its true, you aren't fat at all. Believe me and quit complaining please... or else I will have to be brutally honest with you. And that will not be nice
"worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum." - So the moral of the story is not to chew bubblegum whilst trying to solve an algebra equation. Or just not try and solve pointless algebra equations.
"Don't waste your time on jealousy" - This is for all those people who struggle to comprehend people who are slightly camp, drippy, quiet and yet are not confined to the geek bin.
"Be kind to your knees you'll miss them when they are gone." - What I want to know is what would life be like without knees?
"Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly." - All those who feel ugly must read beauty magazines. All those who are really ugly and read beauty magazines never show their faces out of doors. I find the principle applies to Golf Magazines too. Reading them makes me realise my total inability at the game and wonder why I persevere. So jus don't read any magazines.... they will only make you feel bad about yourself, pretty bad if theres reason already to feel bad about yourself :-(
"Don't mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will
look 85." - Something I am sure almost everyone (except me) must heed. The problem being my hair looks 85 already. Lets just hope don't recede.
don't really think the man or his songwriters have a clue about anything but some interesting thoughts can be drawn from the lyrics...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?