<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 30, 2004

The name theme continues 

You may be contentedly sitting at your computer desk or maybe in your office reading this post and chuckling that you are not as insane as I am. From the beginning to the end I must seem both random and weird. I assure you, those suspicions are true but I cannot help this.
"Unbeknown Paedobaptist" is the title and the reasons I chose to call my "Diary" this are numerous.
Firstly, it is a googlewhack. A googlewhack I hear you cry? Well yes exactly. Some random man (or woman) made up a game on Google. Typing in two random words you are to get up only one result from the search. Now I am unable to do this but the aforementioned Jon, who also has one of these "blogspots" is an expert. He found many and this became his particular favourite. It also happens to be my favourite and so I have adopted it for reasons I will explain now...
Unbeknown means "Occurring or existing without the knowledge of" and I reckon that is me perfectly expressed. I am often ignored (especially when David Brent is on the menu) and often my crisis times go unbeknown to anyone but myself. The comfort I take is that I have a God who watches me every step of my life (not because of anything I have done to deserve it) and so therefore I am not unbeknown to him.
Being a Christian there are many different aspects to my life that people might find to be different. Even within Christian circles (although the Church is one in Christ) there are differences. Baptism is one of them.
Some people baptise only those who have professed faith in Christ. But my denomination is different. We also baptise the infants of believers (one or both) who profess faith in Christ and obedience to him. This is because they are within the covenant. I do not have the time to do the topic justice in any manner but tomorrow I will explain the reasons for the baptism of the infants of believers.

So remember this and remember googlewhacking is a sport if ever you are bored...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?