<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 29, 2004

Be Unique and live a life with meaning... 

I think the office must be one of the best Sitcoms in the last few years. It is original and embarassingly funny. Far be it from me to critisice any part of it (apart from some of the crude jokes) But I am beginning to wonder why people take it so seriously. They live their lives as if the were in the Office situation. It's a good program but then Lord of the Rings is a good film and how many people do you see going around dressed up as elves or dwarves even Wizards...? (that was a bad point I see plenty)
Love him or loathe him I am sure we would all agree that David Brent (yes, i know hes fictional) is not the best role model in Slough or for that matter anywhere. Granted, he is a funny man and for half an hour on the tele he can have anyone in fits of laughter but why oh why do people think that they can take David Brent out of the small box and become him themselves. We are all unique (so in that sense we are all the same by not being alike...) and I dont see how 56,000 David Brents are going to help anyone. I can deal with the occasional imitation (eg. that was "absolutely flabulous") but when people live their lives like him I mean thats just not on... Not only that but people, jokes can be worn out and that is certainly happening with me especially if they weren't even that funny in the first place. So what I am saying is by all means join in and laugh at "The Office" but please dont make it your life...
I would challenge the free thinking people of this world to imitate someone of worth. Humour is not the most important thing in life and certainly sitting with your feet up doing what "Des Ray" says is not the best way to live your life. Go out and do the best you can do for the talents you have been given and always try and be nice to everyone even if they are not nice to you.
Take for example a different role model a clean-cut well behaved polite and hard working fellow and every now and then be a humourous person... More so I would challenge you all to look at the life of Jesus and take him as your role model.
So follow your dreams (unless its the one where you are naked during a fire drill at work) and try at all times to be unique. Pretending to be someone who you arent... especially someone who isn't even someone (hes just fiction)... is not the best way to live your life.
Maybe I am completely wrong but you know I have my opinion.. dont overuse "The Office". :-s
Someone who more gets across the point is Jon when he talks about us making our mark in this lazy world. See his "blogspot" for this
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?